What is PRINCE2
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based methodology that provides the essentials for project management. It is a project management method designed to provide a framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within a project. PRINCE2’s formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organisation’s projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the Business case flexible decision points
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
- Flexible decision points
- Management control of any deviations from the plan
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organisation
- A means of capturing and sharing lessons learned
- A route to increasing the project management skills and competences of the organisation’s staff at all levels.
PRINCE2 methodology can be applied to all sorts of projects in construction, oil and gas, energy, banking, financial services, ICT, engineering and in various other industries as well.
PRINCE2 Foundation is an entry-level, exam-based credential that displays your knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 concepts to work efficiently as a team member in an environment supporting PRINCE2. This certification is best suited for existing and aspiring project members and also for team members.
PRINCE2 Practitioner is the second-level, exam-based PRINCE2 certification. It demonstrates that you have acquired sufficient understanding of the PRINCE2 concepts to apply and adapt its tenets in different scenarios. This certification helps in broadening your career prospects
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Course Contents :
- Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2 to the Project Environment
- Business Case (BC) Theme
- Organization (OR) Theme
- Quality (QU) Theme
- Plans (PL) Theme
- Risk (RK) Theme
- Change (CH) Theme
- Progress (PG) Theme
- Starting up a Project (SU) Process
- Directing a Project (DP) Process
- Initiating a Project (IP) Process
- Controlling a Stage (CS) Process
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) Process
- Closing a Project (CP) Process
- Summary and Directed Studies
- Review of Key Concepts
PRINCE2® Foundation Certification
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- Exam duration: 60 minutes (1 hour)
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass, equivalent to 50%
- Closed book
PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification
- Objective testing
- 8 questions (10 question items for every question, each carrying one mark)
- 44 marks required to pass out of 80 available, equivalent to 55%
- Examination duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)
- Open book examination
You can insure your examination for 100% passing Guarantee from Excel Network Technologies. If you do not clear the examination at the first attempt we pay your entire fees for the second attempt.
Why Choose Us?
Excel Network Technologies has been a preferred knowledge service provider to leading MNCs and corporates across india and has been consistently adding value to these organizations through value based qualification certifications including ITIL, PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, SixSigma.